Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I love the beginning of a new year, mainly because it holds lots of promise for awesome things to happen.  2011 had some downs, but mostly ups.  I always try to start of the new year with some goals that I want to work towards, but usually, by February, they are already forgotten!  I think this is because I make some of them not possible to achieve in the time period that I give myself, so I get frustrated and give up.  This year will be different, and I wanted to create goals that I know I can achieve by the end of the year.  So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2012:

1. Be better about budgeting/saving-  We usually go over on budget items like food and buying random things.  I have a huge weakness for the miscellaneous crap at the dollar spot in Target.  I'm trying to be better about staying away from Target :).  I am also trying to meal plan every week and plan around what's on sale that week at Publix.

2. Try at least 1 new recipe a week- See above, we really don't eat out that often, but when we do,  it's usually around $50 bucks, so it can add up quickly. I am trying to be more conscious about the things I put in my body, so I want to learn how to make healthy but delicious meals that my husband and I will both enjoy.

3. Eat out less often-  See 1 & 2.  I would like to go back to making eating out a special treat instead of just an option when we are too lazy to cook.

4. Continue to work out 3-5 times a week-  I restarted Crossfit back in June, and I'm so glad I did!  I feel much better physically and mentally then I did when I was just going to the YMCA to run.  I would like to continue working out at least 3 times a week for 2012.

5. Go on a spending freeze on clothing/make up/splurge items- I looked at what I had spent on these items in 2011 (thank you mint.com) and I was flabbergasted.  For 2012, I am only going to buy products that I need to replace what I have used (face wash, shampoo, etc).  I am going to try and not buy any new clothes/shoes this year.  I am very blessed and need NOTHING in that department.  The only exception I'm going to make is if a staple (black heels for work) get worn out and need replacing.

6. Shop my closet and get more creative with my outfit selection- See #5, I need to be better about not wearing the same 20 items in my closet and I need to actually plan my outfits.  I find when I do that the night before, I'm much less stressed when I get ready in the morning & I tend to like what I'm wearing a lot better.

7. Blog more and continue my 101 in 1001 journey- I am so excited to continue blogging and marking things off of my list!

I am very happy to start working on these goals, and I think 2012 may be the best year yet!

P.S.- Here's a photo of my family on Christmas (minus my hubby, who was the photographer)


I hope everyone has a blessed and safe new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment