Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

1st Goal Done!


So, one week in and I've was able to cross my first goal off my list!  I attended the SHEA (Society for Healthcare Epidemiology in America) conference last weekend in Dallas.   I think that professional development in any career is really important, but I feel it's especially important in the healthcare industry, because things are constantly changing.  These conferences are great because it allows your to learn the most up to date evidence based practices, and see what other facilities around the country are doing.  
I had a great time in Dallas! I stayed at a very nice hotel and had some great food.  I took a "taxi" (aka private car) to the West Village that ended up costing me $40 bucks, where I had a great time walking around. I also spent time catching up on my junk reading and eating lots of junior mints :).  Here are some pictures from my wonderful weekend:


 The beautiful hotel atrium


West Village in Dallas- super cute!


The exhibit hall at the SHEA ASM

Hopefully at the next conference, I'll have some research to present! 

Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment